Fáilte Isteach is a community project with volunteers welcoming new migrants through conversational English classes. Fáilte Isteach utilises the skills, talents and expertise of volunteers and harnesses their desire to contribute positively to society.
Fáilte Isteach works at breaking down the barriers that migrants and communities face by extending the hands of friendship and goodwill through the practical, welcoming and inclusive manner in which the programme is delivered. Fáilte Isteach provides more than the transfer of skills and knowledge. It is making a positive difference to everyone involved.
Why People Attend Fáilte Isteach Classes
People attend Fáilte Isteach classes for a variety of reasons:
- To improve their English comprehension, and their speaking and writing skills.
- To access assistance with form filling, writing CVs and drafting letters.
- To increase their opportunities to gain employment.
- To make day to day tasks, such as shopping, banking, general interacting with the community, less stressful
- To meet new people and make new friends within the project itself, and in the wider community.
Fáilte Isteach is on from September to May :
Every Thursday evening from 7pm – 9pm
Every Friday morning from 10.30 am to 12.30pm